- Java: because everyone loves the strong, static type
- Java developers do it with java.lang.Class
- Java: dragging C++ programmers halfway to LISP since 1995
- Java: making Smalltalk nerds cry since 1995
- Java developers do it with primitive types
- Java developers do it with 0xb6-0xb9
- Java developers do it with COBOL's rotting corpse
I actually want #6 on a t-shirt. Alan Green wins the "nerd of the day" award for being the first to get the reference.
On a related note, I spent a lot of yesterday trying to come up with a Java byte-code joke. The best (and this is really stretching the definition of 'best') I could come up with was the following:
Q. What did the
invokespecial say to the
super(), thanks for asking!
Thank-you, I'll be here all week.